Try these delicious cookies for your next tea party!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp culinary lavender
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- Juice from one large lemon (about 2 ½ tablespoons)
- Lemon zest from one large lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
- Heat oven to 300 F.
- In a blender, combine the sugar and lavender. Process on high until very fine, shaking or stirring occasionally to make sure all sugar and lavender is ground – about 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and 3/4 cup of the lavender sugar mixture until soft and creamy. Place the remaining lavender sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Add the flour and cornstarch. Beat until combined
- Roll into small balls, using approximately 1 level tablespoon of dough for each cookie.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the bottoms are just starting to get lightly golden.
- Place the baking sheet on a cooling rack and let the cookies cool for 4-5 minutes. Roll the warm cookies in the remaining lavender sugar mixture and set them on a rack. The sugar mixture will soak in a little and be sticky, so let them dry for 10-15 minutes and roll them again. Once they are cooled, you can also put the sugar into a paper bag and shake the cookies to coat them evenly.